© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Shopping at the Ventura Flea Market

Today must have been my lucky day, since I not only found the exact type of kimono I was looking for at the Ventura Flea Market, but I also managed to avoid the unusually rainy weather that began shortly after I left. The vendor and shopper turnout was better than usual, and oddly enough, although the Ventura Flea Market only takes place 6 times per year, it has rained on the last three. Unfortunately, my favorite mannequin vendor wasn't present, but finding a gorgeous silk blend fringe kimono jacket (for a lot less than they sell for on eBay or elsewhere) more than made up for that.

This time I left my Canon SLR at home in favor of my smaller Casio point-and-shoot, and I observed that none of the vendors became curious or touchy about me taking photographs. (On more than one occasion, after asking vendors whether I could take photos of their wares with my Canon, they have asked me not to.) So a smaller camera equals less of a hassle, and is also much easier to carry around when you've got an armful of purchases. I've learned that people become more wary or curious when they see the big camera.

Pictured below are the items that inspired me the most, and hopefully, they'll inspire my readers, too.

Ventura flea market


Ventura flea market


Ventura flea market


Ventura flea market


Ventura flea market


Ventura flea market


Ventura flea market


Ventura flea market


Ventura flea market


Ventura flea market


Ventura flea market


Ventura flea market


Ventura flea market