© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

From Palms to Pines

Palm Springs House


mid-century interior design


Palm Springs palm trees


Palm Springs Aerial Tramway


Palm Springs canyon


Palm Springs architecture

I spent some time vacationing in Palm Springs this week for a much needed change of scenery and some relaxation. With the charming mid-century architecture, warm weather, ubiquitous palm trees, quiet desert scenery, and relaxing ambience, it was perfect for recharging and acquainting myself with a part of California that I hadn't yet explored. I must admit that recent editorials in Lucky and Harper's Bazaar UK inspired me to visit the area. In addition, Palm Springs is widely touted as having 350 days of sunshine per year. Who can resist?

On this trip, I touched snow (and ogled pine trees) for the first time in 15 years at the top of the Aerial Tramway, which has an elevation of 8500 feet. I also shopped the mouth-watering array of fruits, nuts, and sweets at Hadley's in Cabazon, had my first date shake and banana margarita, successfully avoided rattlesnakes while exploring the canyons, and managed to avoid buying anything other than food until I reached Glendale on the way home, where I stopped at Americana at Brand for some quick shopping at H&M and Forever 21. Now that I'm back at home, images of local women wearing cropped pants, straw hats, and sandals are etched in my mind, as is the quintessential Palm Springs mid-century architecture, which I never fully appreciated until now.