© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Bright Idea for Spring 2011

copyright warning


In light of recent issues with copyright infringement and theft of fashiontrendguide.blogspot.com content, I was wary of updating this blog because the thought of giving the splog (spam blog) thieves more content and ad revenue makes me sick. (Hence the obnoxious warnings at the beginning and end of this post.) Fortunately, my love for fashion and my loyalty to my readers far outweighs the negativity that a few jerks at textileglobal.com, eblogzone.uni.cc and azhotgirl.uni.cc can produce by stealing my hard work, bandwidth, and search engine results. Now on to the fun stuff, the things that make me happy...


Just in time for spring, bold colors are making their debut in store windows. Suddenly, I'm adding orange and hot pink sandals to my spring wish list and ditching neutrals in favor of more attention-grabbing optimistic hues. I probably have Christopher Kane's acid brights, Raf Simons' dramatic skirts, and Prada's symmetrical stripes to blame for this new love of bold colors. The idea of pairing cobalt blue with kelly green, royal purple with fuchsia, or lemon yellow with tangerine seems fitting in this season of color blocking and bold style statements. Below are four store windows with bright pieces that I shot last week. Can you tell that I never met a platform pump or wedge that I didn't like?


red Zara peep toe pumps heels


Charlotte Russe red wedges


Celine spring 2011 color block graphic skirt


cork wedges with bow


copyright warning