© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Mariel and Mary Jane

Many of you may not know that I have a twin sister. She is about six minutes younger, and her birth was a complete surprise to both my parents and the doctor. As the story goes, after I was born, the doctor remarked that he thought "there was another one in there" and asked my father to leave the room. My dad recalls hearing this and seeing the room spin. To this day, I don't think we look alike, but when we're together, people always ask us if we're sisters at first glance. Likewise, at first glance, the two pairs of shoes in the photo below may appear to be similar. They both have five inch heels and floral prints, but that's where the similarities end. Upon closer inspection, one pair is a slingback wedge, while the other is a platform, block heel Mary Jane. Do they look alike?

floral print heels

OK, so I have a confession to make. That's not me posing with my twin in the photo above, it's just me and some Photoshop editing (but perhaps you knew that). My sister is actually my fraternal twin, she stands a bit shorter than myself, and her hair is much longer and wavier. Oh yeah, and she never wears five inch heels!


Jeffrey Campbell floral Mariel wedges

Jeffrey Campbell floral Mariel wedge

Forever 21 floral print Mary Jane platforms

Forever 21 floral Mary Jane platforms

Forever 21 floral print Mary Jane platforms