© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

At Home

And now for a rare and perhaps unexpected peek inside my humble abode. About five years ago, I developed an interest in interior design and I began watching HGTV in search of knowledge and inspiration. I soon learned that I favored light, cool color palettes and ultra feminine shabby chic pieces. At home, I have a mix of items found at local antique and furniture stores combined with myriad pieces from Target (lamps, side tables, candy dishes, bedding, etc.). Below, I've photographed a few of my favorite things, including lots of floral items from the Liberty of London for Target collection, an antique teacup, a bed in the guest bedroom, some of my framed travel photography, and a cluster of my favorite winter shoes. (If this post generates your interest, I may follow it up with another one, so feel free to comment and share your design opinions.)

Liberty of London for Target teapot


Liberty of London for Target canister


antique teacup


Victorian decorative torso


fashion & style books


Delia's Victorian bedding


framed travel photography


tiered jewelry tray


floral jewelry armoire


Fashion Trend Guide shoes