© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Friday, January 21, 2011

Finding Solitude in Solvang

My sparse presence on Twitter and the blog can be explained by a quick road trip to the charming town of Solvang and the peaceful Santa Ynez Valley. During my two days there, I: ate more Danish pancakes and pastries than I could count, brought my dog along to enjoy the scenery, marveled at the beauty of the Mission Santa Inés, explored the local Farmers' Market, browsed a few upscale antique stores (where prices reached the $50,000 range), unwittingly entertained two dozen Japanese tourists by letting them ogle and pet my dog, and found some Sally Hansen Salon Effects nail stips at a random CVS in rural Buellton, of all places. It was exactly what I needed to feel rejuvenated by the kind, relaxed vibe of Solvang and the old-world feel of the surrounding pastoral towns. If anyone plans on visiting the area, I highly recommend the Wine Valley Inn for its large rooms, convenient location, colorful interior furnishings, and pet-friendly policies.

Hwy 101 Solvang


Buellton ostrich farm


Solvang windmill


Solvang Antique Center


golden retriever


Mission Santa Ines


cactus


flowers


Paula's Pancakes


teacup, Danish tea