© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Black Magic

black lace maxi skirt


Forever 21 Miu Miu heels


Forever 21 Miu Miu heels


As 2011 gets off to a start, I find myself developing a new affinity for block heel platforms. While I typically reserve my limited shoe space for boots and wedges, I've already purchased three pairs of block heels this year, two of which were deeply discounted. Could it be that I'm finally starting to kick my wedge addiction? (No pun intended.)

Having grown accustomed to the sturdy and solid nature of my five and six inch wedges, I'm practically learning how to walk in real heels all over again. Taking inspiration from both Miucca and Marc's recent collections, I'm attempting to channel a 1950's vibe with a lace maxi skirt and towering 5.5" heels from that age-old favorite, Forever 21.