© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Perfect Pairings

red jeans + leopard jacket


leopard faux fur jacket


red jeans + black wedges


suede lace-up wedges

Like classic black pumps and a sheath dress, or a vintage concert tee and leather moto jacket, I believe that some pieces just go together perfectly. An example of such a fashion pairing for me is the leopard print and red combination. It could be red lipstick and a leopard print cossack, a red handbag and chiffon leopard secretary blouse, or some red jeans and a faux fur leopard print jacket, as I'm wearing. Taking inspiration from Isabel Marant's cropped red pants, I dug up some old red jeans from the depths of my closet and cuffed them. Since we're having a brief respite from the rain, I took my new Topshop wedges for a test spin to break them in. After an hour on my feet shopping for groceries and then lugging the shopping bags up a steep flight of stairs, I'm happy to report that they're both stable and comfortable despite being a vertiginous five inches.