© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Flea Marketing

In an attempt to keep boredom at bay, I spent my weekend doing things that I haven't done in a while. On Saturday night, I found myself at Santa Monica's Third Street Promenade for the first time in over a decade. As a consumate shopper, I adore the fact that the stores stay open until 10 or 11pm, giving me the chance to shop after a late dinner. On Sunday morning, I woke up extra early (due to the time change) and visited the Ventura Flea market, which can be hit or miss, depending on the vendors. This time it was a hit. Not only was the weather unusually warm, but multiple vintage clothing vendors lured me to their booths with their fur coats, estate jewelry, printed dresses, and ladylike cossack hats. In the end, I walked away with a black faux fur cossack hat and a puff-shoulder beige rabbit coat, all for $23. Below are some of the flea market wares that inspired me.


Ventura hillside

view of the Ventura hillside

Ventura flea market



crystal vase



floral mug



shabby chic housewares



vintage bike



vintage chest



vintage beaded handbag



vintage floral dress

all images © 2010 Fashion Trend Guide