© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Friday, October 29, 2010

The News About Naven

One of the perks of being a fashion blogger is hearing about and discovering new designers. When I first browsed the Naven spring 2011 lookbook, I envisioned myself wearing quite a few of the pieces. Considering the amount of pitches and press information that lands in my inbox each day, this does not happen very often. So what caught my attention? I was immediately drawn to the sleek, modern silhouettes and wanted to share some of the images with all of my lovely readers.

A little background info in case you haven't heard of Naven...the line is based out of Los Angeles, California. (Note the beachy California vibe of the lookbook.) It began with the creative minds of twin sisters Kym and Alexis McClay. The twins launched Naven in 2007 after graduating from the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising. Their line is a contrast between classic and eccentric for women with an edgy style.

What I appreciate most about Naven is that each piece portrays the hourglass shape that all flirty women strive for. The reason why I'm drawn to the spring 2011 collection is because of this emphasis on waistline and silhouette. Naven’s line accentuates your best assets and flatters all body types. And did I mention the bright party dresses, sleek and easy separates, and on-trend sheer details? They're perfect for wearing during the day with lightweight layers and for night with bold accessories and high heels.

Naven spring 2011



Naven spring 2011



Naven spring 2011



Naven spring 2011



Naven spring 2011



Naven spring 2011



Naven spring 2011



images via Naven