© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Blogger on the Rise - A Buffalo Stance

As a fashion blogger, my inspiration can come from just about anywhere. Naturally, other fashion bloggers catch my attention, especially when they mix vintage and cheap chic pieces with effortless panache. When I discovered Kaitlin Isabella's blog, I knew I'd be a repeat visitor. Her style truly spoke to me. Perhaps it was her endlessly long legs, her knack for wearing cool hats, her chic boot collection, or her ability to put a unique bohemian twist on each look that she showcases. Whatever it was, it drew me into her stylish world. (So what if I'm a bit biased becasue we share a similar hairstyle and we own many of the same pieces from Urban Outfitters and Forever 21?) I can't wait to see more from this inspiring blogger. In the interview below she shares more about herself and her style secrets. Go ahead, read on...

A Buffalo Stance




A Buffalo Stance




A Bufalo Stance

images via a buffalostance.blogspot.com

1. Please tell us a little about yourself. (Name, occupation, hobbies, future goals.)
Kaitlin Isabella, Visual Merchandiser, blogger, and Buffalo Stance shop creator. I love cooking ethnic food, styling, vintage shopping, going apple picking, antique shopping, djing, searching out new music, and going to concerts. I'd really love to open up my own boutique or become a curator. I went to school for Art History and I've always loved the idea of owning my own gallery.


2. Who or what inspired you to start your blog?
The website
chictopia.com really inspired me to start my blog last fall. I was constantly on the site looking for inspiration, and it allowed me to connect with fellow bloggers all over the globe. I follow so many different bloggers, and it doesn't matter if they live in Canada, San Francisco, Michigan, Hong Kong, or France!

3. Can you share any tips or secrets for taking great outfit photos?

Just be yourself. It's really easy to get super posey, but I think those pictures tend to come off as stale. My favorite pictures are the ones that are candid or showcase me in a real setting, like walking down the street for Sunday brunch or on my way to the farmers' market.

4. What are your favorite 3 things in your wardrobe right now?
Lace, leather, and fur. Those have always been my go-to styling items. They come off looking incredibly luxe and always polished. I'm a vintage fur addict... I must have at least 8 or 9 vintage furs. I also probably own 3 or 4 pairs of leather shorts!

5. How would you describe your style, and where do you find style inspiration?
I find most of my style inspiration in the typical places. Magazines like Vogue, Elle, and NYLON. Fashion shows are always a biggie. But most of all, I've found great inspiration in the bloggers' evolution from observer to muse. Bloggers celebrate accessible street style, and often clearly affordable trends. Most of the bloggers I follow are wearing very similar brands as me... H&M, Zara, Forever 21, Target... as well as vintage and thrifted pieces.

6. What are you most looking forward to wearing this fall?

I'm really loving the military trend: cargo pants and surplus jackets. I love a good pair of trousers, so I like anything highwaisted and menswear-inspired. The Navajo trend is one that I cannot live without. Fringe, heavy prints, capes and cloaks are truly inspiring and cozy for fall.

7. What's your favorite fashion era?
I would have to say the '60s and '70s. I am very influenced by cinema and the incredible female icons it produced. Mia Farrow in Rosemary's baby, Edie Sedgwick, Mary Tyler Moore, Faye Dunaway, etc.

8. If you could have dinner with any 3 people (living or dead), who would they be and why?
Oh man that's a difficult one: Leonard Cohen - he's one of my favorite poets/musicans. Karl Lagerfield - enough said! Perhaps Woody Allen?!