images from forever21.com, nitrolicious.com, zara.com, asos.com, & shopbop.com
A few things that are fending off mid-summer style boredom:
1. The Glamourai's photoshoot for Forever 21 brand Twelve by Twelve. The styling is edgy, bold, and vibrant. I'm inspired by the array of prints and colors. My absolute favorite piece is the sheer maxi skirt, as it offers endless options for layering when the weather gets cooler in the fall.
2. Jeffrey Campbell's fall 2010 lookbook. Clog boots will prevail as a strong trend, as will details such as shearling, foldover effects, and super high heels. I'm already saving some dough for fall footwear, and hoping to get my hands on both pairs pictured.
3. Zara's bunny print top. With the Karen Walker and Miu Miu Spring 2010 animal print influence, I'm stocking up on bird, cat, and bunny prints in an homage to nature. Now, if only someone would do an adorable dog print...
4. There's something quietly sexy about a body con maxi dress, and Asos's version is incredibly affordable, at under $45. It would be pure perfection come fall with a faux fur vest, hiking boots, and chunky bangles.
5. Jeffrey Campbell's "Take" drape wedge is a comfortable-looking alternative to the Givenchy version, and I'm kicking myself for not scooping it up earlier from shopbop.