© 2007-2015 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Encircled

When I spent a few days in Stockholm last year, I was fascinated by one particular trend I kept noticing on the streets. It seemed as though many of Stockholm's chic female denizens used a scarf to finish off their cold weather looks. I'm not talking (or writing) about just any old scarf. What I saw were statement-making oversize scarves with an abundance of fringe. Scarves so colossal that they could double as shawls.

Then there was the manner in which these scarves were styled. While I tend to tuck my scarf into my jacket to keep it close to my neck, these women used their scarves as focal points. They'd wear them draped in a triangular shape on top of their jackets and coats. Seeing this over the course of a few hours of people watching incited some fascination in my trend-obsessed mind, and I decided to hunt down my own scarf to wear in such a way.

As luck would have it, H&M had oversize scarves galore, and since Stockholm is H&M central, I found the ideal version with little effort. At first I passed on a few versions, as they weren't thick or chunky enough. Then there it was, the perfect one - ivory in color, loosely knitted, and with plenty of fringe. It looked like something grandma would knit, and I envisioned myself wearing it half a dozen different ways, all of which would comfort me from the chill of a cold afternoon.

Photobucket



Photobucket

Wearing: paintbrush printed top - Forever 21, mesh tank and leggings - American Apparel, scarf and jacket - H&M, boots - Frye