© 2007-2015 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Who Says A Skirt Has To Be Sweet?

As a child, my grandfather told me that "girls are made of sugar and spice, and everything nice." For me, this calls to mind the image of an angelic child wearing a saccharin-sweet dress while laughing and playing in a lush field of flowers. As an adult, I have a soft spot in my heart for sweet and girly skirts and dresses. Take, for example, my favorite Luella-esque tiered floral skirt from Target's GO International Private Label. To keep it from looking too "sugar and spice," I added a vaguely Gothic layered necklace, a SATC-inspired studded belt, and then added my oft-worn mod-ish ankle boots to further toughen up the look. Come fall, I anticipate pairing it with textured tights, a chunky sweater, and knee-high boots. Cool weather, I'm ready for you!


ruffled floral skirt