The great thing is that every time you use them, you get a small amount of money credited on your bill. In Europe over 30 years ago, my dad went to a supermarket for the first time (without bringing his own bags) and discovered that he'd be unable to buy anything because it was REQUIRED to bring your own bag. Now why does it take America 30 years to catch up to this??? Now, when the bagger asks "paper or plastic?" the answer is NEITHER!!Here are some statistics borrowed from the tag on the tote bags:
- Americans use over 14 billion plastic bags annually.
- Paper bags do not biodegrade in landfills.
- The petroleum in 14 plastic bags could drive a car 1 mile.
- It takes 70% more global warming gasses to make a paper bag than a plastic bag.
- Cities spend up to 17 cents per bag in disposal costs.
Visit www.1bagatatime.com for more information.